Domestic Physical Abuse
Domestic physical abuse is defined as the use of physical intimidation and harm toward a partner in order to exert control and claim power in the relationship. Women are the victims in approximately 85% of domestic physical abuse cases, though this is not to say that men are never the victims of physical abuse, or that every man accused of physical abuse is guilty.
If you have been accused of domestic physical abuse, it is in your best interest to contact a knowledgeable San Jose criminal defense lawyer who can help make sure your legal rights and interests are protected. Call the Law Office of Daniel Jensen, P.C., at (408) 296-4100 for the representation you need.
Examples of Physical Abuse
- Direct contact such as beating, hitting, kicking, choking, burning, or shoving
- Threatening with or throwing objects
- Using objects to inflict bodily harm (doors, chairs, etc)
- Using or threatening to use a weapon
- Denying a partner food, water, sleep, or medication / medical care
- Restraining or holding down
- Forced substance abuse
In some cases, physical abuse may also be directed at pets, kids, or people who try to interfere.
A dedicated and experienced attorney is your best defense against a charge as serious as domestic physical abuse. Contact a San Jose criminal defense lawyer at the Law Office of Daniel Jensen, P.C., today by calling (408) 296-4100.