Daniel Jensen, a Santa Clara native, is recognized as one of the most effective litigators in Santa Clara County. An independent survey of judges and attorneys conducted by “San Jose Magazine” recognized Daniel Jensen as one of the best criminal defense attorneys in Santa Clara Valley. Some of his past clients include people who are most familiar with the workings of the court. He has represented superior court judges, court clerks, district attorneys and police personnel on numerous occasions. He has a very diverse client base that come from all walks of life. He finds equal satisfaction in obtaining justice for the unemployed laborer and the wealthy business owner. He has successfully defended numerous public officials in high profile cases.
Mr. Jensen has over 35 years experience in the criminal justice system: 14 years as a police officer and police sergeant where his assignments included everything from SWAT to Narcotics. He also has also practiced law for over 25 years in civil, criminal, federal, and state courts. He has successfully defended 1st degree murder cases in state courts and has successfully prosecuted complex civil rights violations in federal court. He has participated in over 200 jury and court trials.
Areas of Practice
- Federal and State Courts
- 35% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1982
- Lincoln Law School of San Jose, San Francisco, California, 1982 J.D.
- San Jose State University, San Jose, California, 1978 B.A.
- Major: Administration of Justice
- Independent Survey of Judges and Attorneys, San Jose Magazine
Honors and Awards
- Best Criminal Defense Attorneys in Santa Clara Valley
- Five Times, Silicon Valley’s Best Lawyers in Criminal Law and Family Law by San Jose Magazine