Law Office of Daniel Jensen, P.C.

Serving San Jose & Santa Clara County

Free 30 Minute Initial Case Evaluation with an Attorney
All appointments offered from our Santa Clara office only.

Contact us for Your Initial 30 Minute


All consultation appointments will be offered out of our Santa Clara office only

We speak English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Farsi, Vietnamese, Slovak and Czech.

Privacy Policy

What if My Ex Stopped Paying Child Support?

Your child support payments may be essential to bringing up your son or daughter healthy and well provided for. The attorneys at the Law Office of Daniel Jensen, P.C. know that if your ex has stopped paying your child support, you are likely frustrated and worried about how you will keep up with the day to day expenses. However, our team wants San Jose parents to know that they have legal recourse if their ex-spouses suddenly stop paying their court-ordered child support; we can fight on your behalf to help you get the support you need and hold your ex responsible for what is due.

What You Can Do

Our team will likely attempt to arrange an agreeable disbursement schedule to recover any back or future payments. If this does not work, more aggressive measures may need to be taken. If your ex still refuses to pay, the law can:

  • Withhold federal tax funds
  • Garnish wages
  • Seize property
  • Suspend an occupational license
  • Suspend a business license
  • Revoke a driver’s license or passport (in some cases)
  • Issue jail time

An experienced San Jose lawyer can help you take the first steps towards securing the support you need.

Contact a Family Law Attorney in San Jose

If you have stopped receiving the court-ordered child support that’s due to you, the attorneys of the Law Office of Daniel Jensen, P.C. can help fight for your and your child’s rights. Contact our offices in San Jose today by calling (408) 296-4100 to learn more about how we can best recover what you are owed.

© 2018 Law Office of Daniel Jensen, P.C. All Rights Reserved.