Defending Against a Credit Card Fraud Charge
Credit card fraud, or obtaining personal goods and services using another’s account, is a common but serious form of theft in San Jose. A credit card theft conviction can have life-altering consequences such as steep fines, community service, or jail time. Defending against credit card fraud can be a very long and arduous process, and as such, it is advisable to seek professional legal assistance as early on in the legal process as possible. The criminal defense lawyers at the [firm-name] are here to explain your rights, answer your questions, and build a solid foundation for your case.
Common Forms of Credit Card Fraud
If you are facing a wrongful charge of credit card fraud, there may a number of alleged actions posed against you, including:
- Using a skimming device on an ATM to obtain credit card information
- Hacking a retail or bank website to intercept an online transactions
- Using phishing attempts via email, texting, or social media to obtain account information
- Being in physical possession of another’s card and using it for personal transactions
- Using a company credit card to obtain personal goods and services
Our legal team in San Jose has experience handling a wide variety of cases involving credit card fraud, and we can help you challenge your charge and seek justice.
Contact a San Jose Credit Card Fraud Defense Lawyer Today
If you have been accused of credit card fraud in San Jose, you may be faced with heavy legal and financial penalties. The experienced criminal defense lawyers at the [firm-name] have a thorough understanding of the associated legal obstacles and are here to help you every step of the way. Contact our San Jose offices at [phone-number] today to discuss your case with a member of our legal team.